Thursday, March 16, 2017

A full life

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”John‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬http://bible.com/111/jhn.10.10.

What does it mean to live a life to the fullest? I have always looked at this to mean an abundance of things. To live life in America means to have stuff. That is not the meaning of John 10:10. Living life to its fullest only comes when we focus on Jesus and the life he has designed. Yes, that could mean some "things".  We don't have those things for our glory, but for his. There is a huge difference. 

I have been blessed with an abundant life with more than enough to provide joy.  Most of that joy does not come from the things I have joy because of the people in my life. I have joy because I know the presence of Jesus every single day of my life. The ultimate promise comes in eternity. Life abundance does not end here on this planet. It ends in paradise with Jesus. My stuff will mean nothing when I get to heaven. I praise God he has a higher plan than just gaining material blessings here in the present. His way is perfect!

No comments: