Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Its ok to finish last!

“He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:30‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.3.30.nlt

This is a great goal for all of us. We need to make God greater in our lives and we must become less and less. I also think this needs to happen in many areas of our lives. Just because we CAN post comments on social media about politics or emotionally charged topics, doesn't mean we should. We don't need to be the star on the stage all the time. Our society is always about "me". We are known worldwide for our selfishness. Our leadership doesn't mean we need to be the center of attention. There is nothing more impressive to me than a leader that does so quietly and leads from the background. The louder you are does not equate to greater leadership.  Life is not about us. It's about the Lord. It's okay for us to finish last. 

Dear Lord, thank you for helping me to realize I need to step back and let you be in charge of all areas of my life. You need to be more and I need to be less. Help me to serve as a quiet leader. Help me to put other second in my life after you. I need your help in moving my priorities on others instead of me. I love you Lord. I need you Lord. I praise you Lord! Amen!

No comments: