Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I don't need rules

“Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking! But this miracle happened on the Sabbath, so the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!””
‭‭John‬ ‭5:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬.  http://bible.com/116/jhn.5.9-10.nlt

I have always viewed the sabbath as a day of rest. That's not exactly correct. Really, the intent of this day is to worship the Lord. It is a day we should set aside to focus on the Lord. The Jewish leaders turned it into a legalistic trap. Unfortunately many view my Christian faith as nothing but a list of legalistic rules. They miss the love, the grace, and the forgiveness. 

When I look back at my life with Jesus, no one needs to make a rule to set aside time with my savior. I just want to do it. I miss corporate worship when I don't get to. I miss time learning and studying the word and I miss time speaking with the God of the universe. I don't need rules to guide my faith.

No comments: