Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I was blind.....

“A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.” He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I donʼt know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” Then they asked him, “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?” He answered, “I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples too?””
‭‭John‬ ‭9:24-27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/jhn.9.24-27.niv

Are you critical of the people in the Bible? I certainly have been tough on them over the years. They seem so stubborn. The Pharisees are skeptical of everything and are blinded by there own stubbornness. They completely missed the savior of the world as he stood amongst them. They rejected his miracles and dismissed his ministry. They claimed to follow God and yet their lives were focused on themselves. Now that I think about it, they are exactly like me. I am stubborn. I am single minded and just don't trust the Lord's plans like I should. I hope I would recognize Jesus on our planet, but I'm just not sure. Lord forgive me!

Lord, help me open my eyes to your plan. Take the arrogance out of my heart. Fill me with your spirit and help me recognize you in every moment of my daily life. Help me recognize your voice and then to listen, really listen to your calls of action. May I be a blessing and not a hinderance to spreading the gospel. I love you Lord and praise you for your patience with me. Amen!

No comments: