Friday, March 10, 2017

Serving in the background

“Jesus replied, “Now is not the right time for me to go, but you can go anytime. The world can’t hate you, but it does hate me because I accuse it of doing evil. You go on. I’m not going to this festival, because my time has not yet come.” After saying these things, Jesus remained in Galilee. But after his brothers left for the festival, Jesus also went, though secretly, staying out of public view.”
‭‭John‬ ‭7:6-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.7.6-10.

Ministry is about Jesus, not about you!

I have to admit there is personal gain when you are in ministry. The great feeling of joy when you are serving can be very addictive. That addiction can overshadow the real purpose. Jesus was asked to go to a festival to show off his ability to do miracles. He refused to go and be a circus sideshow act. He was sensitive to making sure his ministry was not used outside a Gods will. The funny thing is, he went privately. I love this visual. He wanted to do his ministry, but even Jesus wanted to serve in the background. We need to do the same.

I need to serve quietly and within the will of the Lord. It's not about me! I really need to work on this.

No comments: