Tuesday, September 6, 2016

We are friends

“You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other.”
John 15:14-17 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/jhn.15.14-17.nlt

Do you have friends? I'm not talking just social media friends. I'm talking about friends who believe in you, know you, and love spending time with you. Jesus is that friend. I know it smacks of religiosity. It sounds trite. But, it is more true today than anytime in my life. The great news? The friendship is completely mutual. This is not just a one way friendship. I confide in Jesus and he confides in me. He shares his wisdom as I need it. He gives advice and listens to me. He chooses to be with me and I can't get enough of his presence. 

That is real friendship. 

I love my friends. I love spending time with them. But, there is nothing better than the friendship of Jesus Christ. I love getting to know him. I praise God, the creator of all things and get to walk, side by side with him through every moment of my life. Praise God! One thousand times a thousand........Praise God!


No comments: