Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fear

““I will scatter you like chaff driven by the desert wind. This is your lot, the portion I have decreed for you,” declares the Lord, “because you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods.”
Jeremiah 13:24-25 NIV
http://bible.com/111/jer.13.24-25.niv

It's not easy to talk about your fears. I don't have many. I'm not afraid of snakes. I'm not afraid of spiders, I'm not afraid of storms. I don't have many fears because the Lord is in charge of my life. I trust him completely. As I read the bible how the people of the Lord forgot about him and abandon him and then were punished, I fear doing that myself. It might be irrational, I know my Lord will not leave me. But, will I abandon the Lord? I've been with the Lord for over 44 years of my life as a servant and a follower. I have also fallen away at times in those same years. I have not always been faithful and yet I have not been punished. I have not been abandon. There have been many times I should have been. I don't fear the Lord because he is more than just. I fear myself and the sinful nature that lives inside. So, what do I do? How do I deal with this irrational fear? My strategy is simple. I deal with the fear of my own thoughts and deeds by co tinting to draw closer to the Lord. I study his word. I pray to him and surround myself with people that love the Lord.

My sinful nature is still inside me. With the help of the power of the creator of the universe I will overcome and defeat the sinful nature that lives inside. I can not do I without the Lord. My fears are gone when I am with the Lord. So I spend all the time I can with him.

No comments: