Thursday, September 15, 2016

Losing control

“Can any of the worthless foreign gods send us rain? Does it fall from the sky by itself? No, you are the one, O LORD our God! Only you can do such things. So we will wait for you to help us.” Jeremiah 14:22 NLT http://bible.com/116/jer.14.22.nlt

I believe my God created the universe. He is in control of all things, yet he has given up much of that control to us. But there are dome things we can just not do. We cant bring rain, we can't control the rising and setting of the son. We can not prevent death, although we constantly try. We can not create. Only my wonderful loving God creates. That power, that strength, in the midst of mercy and grace completely describe my faith. God has the power to control all things yet he has given us free will. He will not interfere unless we ask him to. That power and freedom have drawn me to him. So, I yield back control of my life. 

I have turned control of my life back to the Lord. I need to do this act daily. My sinful nature wants to take control. I'm not good at being in control of my life. The Lord is. I praise him for 44 years in control of my life. I could never have designed such a delightful life. Praise Hod for his faithfulness, his wisdom, his power, and his plan. Amen!




No comments: