Friday, September 2, 2016

Help me understand

“He did not say this on his own; as high priest at that time he was led to prophesy that Jesus would die for the entire nation. And not only for that nation, but to bring together and unite all the children of God scattered around the world.”
John 11:51-52 NLT
http://bible.com/116/jhn.11.51-52.nlt

I don't want to sound too political. We are a divided country. I have heard over and over again that blacks in our country are being oppressed. I hear they are not treated equally under the law. I am white. I have been given wonderful opportunities throughout my life. I have a grandson who is black. I have a serious question.

What is the solution? I'm hearing nothing of substance. I certainly don't see the oppression. I don't see the double standard. I'm not sure I would ever see it. If it exists, what do I do? What does our country do? I see protests on the news. I see towns and communities destroyed by the anger. The only solutions I see being put out there is burning down buildings, looting, and victimizing police officers. If you don't have solutions , do you have the right to complain? Is it ok for us to destroy communities without promoting solutions? I just don't get it. 

I want to understand. I want to help.No one has helped me see the solution. Is it just sitting during the national anthem? Is it joining a hate group like BLM? 

Lord help us!


No comments: