Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Blessed are the Rich!

He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes, with the princes of his people. (Psalm 113:7-8 NIV)

I am a blessed man and have really never been in want. I don't know what it feels like to struggle for the basics of life. I've always had a home, clothing, and food. Why would I be taken care of, blessed so immensely, and so many people have nothing? I've not done anything to deserve what I have. I'm not anyone special. I'm not the smartest, bravest, kindest, or the most gifted. I just don't get it.

I think it's obvious that I am not blessed because of who I am. But I do pledge to use all that I have been given for the purpose of serving the Lord. None of what I have is mine. It all belongs to him. I will continue to look for ways to serve Jesus with the "things" I have been blessed with. "Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee." That means taking all I have and use it for your kingdom. That means different things to different people. My daughter has opened her home to adoption. I am serving within the Christian Motorcylist Association. Others will use sports, wealthy giving, or their many gifts/talents. We all need to look at our gifts. We need to open our hearts to the leading of the spirit in service. Then we need to act on that leading. We were given stuff NOT for our purposes, but to serve the kingdom. 

Thank you Lord for your wonderful love and grace. Thank you Lord for blessing me beyond all I could imagine. I am humbled by those blessings and am honored that you trust me to use them for you!

No comments: