Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Stop-----Breathe

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)

Sometimes I feel like the world is traveling so fast it's going to spin me off into space at any moment. It seems like this time of year when we are supposed to radiate peace and goodwill to men, I am filled with an overwhelming schedule of busyness. Time flies by and I don't take the time to really celebrate the season. I don't like it and my attitude shows it. 

It's at points like this, I need to "Be still," and know GOD IS IN CONTROL. it's hard to do, but God has no desire for us to be exhausted, frazzled, and living a life spinning out of control. So let's STOP..........Take a deep breath...........and know that God is in control. The Lord of the universe is with us. Just like Jesus came down to live with us, so did the spirit of the one high God. Relax, focus on the peace of Jesus Christ and welcome the Holy Spirit to calm your life.

Praise the Lord for getting us to stop, reflect on your love, and enjoy the peace we desperately need. Thank you for my wonderful life. Help me keep you in the forefront and all else in the periphery. Keep my eyes upon you, Jesus. 

No comments: