Thursday, December 13, 2012

I will not be shaken!

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, (Psalms 16:8, 9 NIV84) I've had a rough couple weeks and I've let it get to me. I have had colitis and even went to the emergency room. I've been in pain off and on for the last 10 days. Today, I gave my kids the state ECA test. It's a key measure of their Math skills and reflects on our school. After day one, I was depressed. I don't know the results and won't for a while. But, I don't think they did well on it. I let it get to me. Then my nightly devotion had this psalm. Why do I let this world get to me? I know better. God has been in charge of my life for nearly 40 years and he has taken me straight through rough times victoriously. Why do i act like that is going to change now? Its never going to change God will never leave or forsake me. I rejoice in the opportunity he has given me to teach young people. I love it regardless what the outcome. The relationships are the important part. The math is secondary.

No comments: