Monday, December 24, 2012

New Year, New Direction

And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. (Matthew 2:12 NIV84)

I have to admit, I have a new addiction. I have been playing Temple run with my granddaughter Ayla the last couple days and it's been fun. Neither one of us is very good. When the game gets going so fast, I have a hard time dealing with all the change of directions. I end up running into trees, jumping into swamps, or being eaten by some jungle monster. Do not fear, In this game you get to start over, and over, and over. 

The Magi also had to make a sudden change in direction. They had been warned not to go back the way they came because of Herod. I'm sure they never expected this.  Im sure Even the start of their journey was filled with wonder and amazement. They had no idea what was coming and where they were heading.

Last year at this time I was also hearing a call to change direction, suddenly, and unexpected. I trusted God. It has been great. My journey isn't nearly as magical as the first Christmas, but for me it IS magical. I had a lot of fear about finances, job security, and just fear of the unknown. After 52 years of life, I should have known God would have it all taken care of.

I love being back with kids in the classroom. I have been blessed with great students and I feel useful and valued. But, most importantly, I feel I am following the direction God has placed before me. He has given me much more time to spend with my grandkids, CMA, and with my 
great wife. I can't stop thinking about how unexpected this new change was. Thank you Lord for guiding my life. Thank you for the unexpected road you have set before me. I can't wait to see what new twist and turns I will face in 2013!

No comments: