Sunday, December 30, 2012

Have I made a difference?

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

 Have you ever asked, "What am I doing?" I've had great days in my life and I've had bad days. But, in the end I wonder if I'm really making a difference. I read a story the other day about a Florida Teacher, David Menasche, suffering from cancer. He has been given only a few months to live. So, he is traveling the country to ask his former students one question, "Did I make a difference in your life?" 

 Dying teacher travels across the US to see if he made a difference

What a wonderfully powerful question?  I'm not dying, but I have many days when I wonder if I've ever really made a difference in someones life. More importantly how many seeds I have planted for Christ grew into blossoming, full grown plants. My sole purpose on this planet is to serve Jesus. I have always felt the way I live my life, my witness, is the most important "job" I have. How well have I performed that job? 


I pray that God has been able to use my life. I pray that every waking moment I will be an example of Christ's love. I don't care about what kind of husband, father, teacher, or friend I am unless I can tag each of those roles with "follower of Christ". Nothing else in life matters. 


What is your impact for Christ? You may never know. SO, don't take anything for granted. Be deliberate in your life. Make your life a life filled with Christ. Let your light shine and make a difference for him.

No comments: