Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank You, Jesus, for riding with me to HELL!


Colossians 2 (The Message)

 16-17So don't put up with anyone pressuring you in details of diet, worship services, or holy days. All those things are mere shadows cast before what was to come; the substance is Christ.
 18-19Don't tolerate people who try to run your life, ordering you to bow and scrape, insisting that you join their obsession with angels and that you seek out visions. They're a lot of hot air, that's all they are. They're completely out of touch with the source of life, Christ, who puts us together in one piece, whose very breath and blood flow through us. 

I went to Hell today. Hell, Michigan that is!  I joined the Fremont American Legion Riders on their bike blessing and ride to Hell, Michigan. It was a fun ride until we got 5 miles from "Hell". It started raining. Most people think of Hell as being full of Fire and Heat. Trust me, to Motorcycle Riders, Hell would be nothing but rain for eternity!

When we got up to our destination, we stopped at a bar to eat. I'm always amazed at the looks I get with my "Jesus #1" patch, "Prayer Warrior" patch and my CMA Back patch walking into a bar. When this happens everyone's watching to see what you'll do. So, I ordered a Classic "Hell" Burger with Fries and my Diet Coke. I had a great time. We laughed, told stories, and cracked jokes about being in Hell. I was even asked by someone what would my "Church" think about me being in a Bar, in Hell. I laughed about it and said, They would get a big kick out of it. But, you know what I was really thinking? I'm sure several of our Church Members wouldn't agree with me being there. 

But, Where would Jesus be?

The Modern Day Church needs to get out more often. Sure, we help out the homeless, we help out with the poor, we help the orphans and the fatherless, and I'm not saying we shouldn't. But, why don't Churches spend more time going after the "Sinner"? A lot of the people I hang out with, "Bikers", aren't going to spend time in church. They are outcasts from the Church. They are as comfortable in a church as President Obama at the Republican Convention. Jesus wouldn't wait for them to walk through the church doors. Jesus would go to the Bars and be with them.He would have ridden with me to "Hell" so we could possibly rescue someone from "Eternal" Hell. 

CMA - Christian Motorcyclist Association is about going to where the bikers are. We want to get to know Bikers. We want them to get to know us. We want them to feel comfortable coming to us when they need us. We pray for them, we laugh with them, we talk Bikes with them. We don't judge them, we don't preach to them, and we don't criticize their sins. (They don't mention mine either!) 

Even though it rained today, it was a great day. Thank You Lord for riding with me to Hell today. I felt your presence all day!

No comments: