Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Press on!

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14 NIV84) Press on. Most of us with any age and experience have had setbacks in life. We might have lost jobs, lost loved ones, suffered cancer or other illnesses, marital issues, or financial trouble. The older you get the more likely you will have faced some serious challenges in life. It is never easy. It never seems like it will end. You have a couple of choices. You can stop and refuse to go forward or you can press ahead. If you stop, you lose all hope. If you stop, you continue life but you continue with no promise of a brighter tomorrow. The best advice I can give is Press On. You might be straining forward but you need to press on toward the hope that only Christ can give. As Christians we live with the ultimate hope, Christ Jesus. We have the ultimate hope through eternal life in paradise. We could continue to live in the past, but we should press on to the bright future. I chose to press on. How about you? Will you live in the drudgery of the past or the hope of tomorrow? Chose Christ, chose hope!

No comments: