Sunday, May 6, 2012

Life's a Long, Long Trip!


2 Peter 1

New International Version (NIV)

5 ........... make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm not yet there. My daughter just left for Missouri. She is traveling with a 5 month old baby and a  5 year old. She is a brave woman. She has a little over 6 hours to drive. I'm sure it won't take long and both children will be sleeping. We used to do the same thing when we traveled. If we didn't travel at night, we would get the endless "Are we there yet?" throughout the trip.

One thing I can tell you, I do not possess all the qualities mentioned in these verses. I do have Faith. I'm not as good as I should be, nor as knowledgeable. I don't have the self-control or the perseverance, godliness, mutual affection or love, that God would love to see in me. I am working on increasing these qualities in my life. I am proud I am not what I used to be, but know I've not arrived yet. I want to be productive for Christ. I want to bring others to him. I can't do that unless I continue to grow myself. People I know, people I see every day, need him. They are missing the Faith. Without that Faith they can't even begin to grow in the ways they should. 

Please Lord, work on me. Bend me, mold me, shape me, into the person who can be effective and productive for you and your kingdom. Amen!

No comments: