Sunday, May 13, 2012

Perfect timing!


2 Peter 3

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

The Day of the Lord

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

 I am not a patient person.You would think when things are going well, it would be easier to be patient. I'm not sure that's true, especially for me. As most people know, by now, I am heading.back to the classroom. I have been an Athletic Administrator for 11 years now and I am ready to have daily contact with students. I have missed that daily interaction. I look forward to reduced stress, reduced time commitment, and spending time with by Grandkids. I only have 6 more dates for home activities as Athletic Director of GHS. But, I have about 3 months before I actually get back to the classroom. I am impatient. Not that I'm ready right now. I have a lot to do to get ready. I just recently found out my schedule and I have the details of planning a year of curriculum to work on. But, I hate being in "transition". I feel like I'm pinned in-between two worlds. I can't concentrate all my energy on preparing for the fall because I still have responsibility as AD. So I'm split for at least a little while longer.

As a Christian, I feel the same way about life here on Earth. I know what awaits me and I can't wait. I'm torn between two worlds. On one hand I can't wait to spend eternity with Jesus. Yet, I know I have work to do here. I need to bring as many people with my as possible. It seems like God is so slow keeping his promise to return to get us. But, he is not. His timing is perfect and his patience matches it. He doesn't want anyone to parish. He wants all of us to be with him.

So, I need to endure longer. I need to develop patience and focus until the day of his coming. Please Lord, Help me develop patience for your plans to be unfolded. Help me me diligent to work for you. Help me to bring others with me. Help me to have a sense of urgency of the lost. The quicker they come to you, the quicker we get to come home with you. Praise God for his loving patience and magnificent kindness.

No comments: