Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Knock, knock!

And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. (Colossians 4:3-5 NIV84) I miss hearing knock knock jokes. They are so dumb, they're funny. Knock Knock! Who’s there? Doris! Doris who? Doris locked that’s why I am knocking! Knock Knock! Who’s there? Cash! Cash who? No thanks, but I’d like some peanuts! Knock Knock! Who’s there? Armageddon! Armageddon who? Armageddon out of here! When I grew up, in a galaxy far, far away, knock knock jokes were popular. If someone automatically blurted out "knock knock" everyone would shout "who's there?" my guess is if you did that now, people wouldn't even know how to respond. They would probably just ignore you as some kind of nut! When God provides an opportunity, how do you respond? Do we act like God is some kind of nut? Or do we dismiss him altogether. I can look back on many opportunities God has provided to share the mystery of Christ, only to have it ignored by me. doors are opened and we never walk through. I have been given an opportunity by God to minister to the motorcycle community. I love it and I thank him continuously for that chance. I pray that I don't waste the opportunities and that I am clear with the message of his amazing grace. I am given those same opportunities at school with students, teacher, and community members. Please Lord, help me to be a good witness for you. I know how important I am to your message. Help me to be a great example for outsiders. Amen!

No comments: