Sunday, April 29, 2012

WWGS, WhatWouldGodSay?

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 4:8-11 NIV84)


I wonder how many people still own AND wear WWJD bracelets. They were quite the Christian fad many years ago. I'm not making fun of this. It is noble and right to try to emulate Jesus in the things we do every day. Wether it's letting a car merge in front of you in the midst of a traffic jam, geting the door for someone, serving the poor, homeless, or lost, it is great to Do as Jesus would do. As a matter of fact, this verse says just that. We are to use our gifts to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace. That is the very essence of WWJD. The thing that really caught my eye about this verse is, "If anyone SPEAKS, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." So maybe I should make some bracelets that say WWGS, What Would God Say?

It is great to serve others, no one can argue about that. But, now it is so popular to use our words to hurt others. Maybe we should think about our words just as much as our actions. I'm not just talking about the spoken word, I'm also talking about the written word. Social Media sights like Twitter, Facebook, and a multitude of others, make it so easy to speak for and against others. Blogs and Web Pages make it easy to share our thoughts and ideas. This blog is a perfect example. I hope these are words blessed by God. I hope they are words HE would have me speak. I try to speak as if I were directly speaking for God. I know I am not perfect, my words can be just as sinful as I am,  but I am trying to speak as God would have me speak.

As we are writing our Facebook Posts, our Tweets, or our BLOGS, we should consult the Word and Speak as though we are speaking the words of God. If we would all just use this simple thought, the Cyber world would be a much better place. If we would only print that which is uplifting to others, that would be speaking as God would speak. If we could keep from printing the word to tear down, criticize, ridicule, or hurt, God would certainly be praised. To him be the Glory and Power forever and ever. Amen!



No comments: