Friday, September 15, 2017

Sin is Sin

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/pro.3.5-6.kjv


I do trust in the Lord and yes there are many things in my life I do not understand. I try every day to acknowledge him because I have seen miraculous signs that he is at work in my life. Right now is no different.

My heart is changing. I am changing. An example:

I have gone to the "Boogie" for years. The Boogie is a secular motorcycle Rally in southern Indiana. It is one huge party. Nearly every form of sin takes place at this event. Drugs, alcohol, sex, are celebrated and the group collectively thumbs their nose, and worse, at God. They are searching for fun and a care free life that has no boundaries. As a CMAer, I have been called to serve this group of sinners. In my early years of attending this event, I considered myself as BETTER than them. I served but I did so from some "Crystal Palace" of righteousness. I was proud of who I was and appalled by what I saw around me. As I have attended and worked this event, my heart has changed. I have seen this group of "sinners" through the eyes of my Heavenly Father. My eyes are no longer shocked by what I see. It's not that I am dulled by the repetition of the sins.  My eyes see these wonderful children of God through a deep sadness. I am saddened for them. They are trying so hard to fill their life with joy. But, they just can't seem to find it. They are blind to the love surrounding them. They are missing out and my heart is saddened they can't see the great joy in front of them.

I see them just like my Heavenly Father sees me. You see, I'm not much different than the Boogie Faithful. I might not sin like they do, but I have thumbed my nose at the creator of the universe plenty of times. I have been a slave to my sin. Yes, my father has seen me through his own eyes of sadness. The Lord does not see the difference between my sin and the sin of this group of bikers. He is greatly saddened when I separate myself from him. He deeply loves me and wants, desires a relationship with me. When I reject him, in any way, he is saddened. I'm sorry Lord.

I humbly bow before my savior. I beg his forgiveness for my sin and for rejecting him in so many ways throughout my life. I pledge to serve him and pursue his plan for my life. I do not need to know everything. I only need to be open to the path he has set before me. I only need to take the next step along his road as he joins me in everything I do.Praise God he is with me!

No comments: