Thursday, September 7, 2017

Get off the SUPER-HIGHWAY of Life!

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-29‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/mat.11.28-29.nlt

Stephanie and I have been camping nearly every weekend. Camping is an escape. It helps us remove all the clutter in our lives and enjoy some peace.  We don't take a tv with us and "device" time is limited. We actually take time to be with each other and there is a lot of downtime. It's awesome!

God wants us to slow down. He wants our lives to include ample amounts of rest. He wants to remove our burdens, even for a short time so we can be strong in our faith and our witness. The most common theme I hear from students, coworkers, and ministry partners is I AM TIRED. I know I am a hypocrit when I say this.

WE ALL NEED TO FIND SOME TIME TO SLOW DOWN AND RELAX!

God wants us to rest. We just have to accept it from him. So many times WE refuse to accept the rest he is giving us. We miss the opportunities and we miss the blessings that come from just finding some time to relax and SLOW DOWN. Our souls can not function with our rest just like our minds and bodies need rest. It might not be camping. It might be riding your motorcycle. (I took a long quiet, ME ONLY, ride this past Saturday before returning to the campground) It might be reading a good book, studying the Bible or listening to some fantastic Christian music (Try Third Day!) BUT find some way to step back, relax, and get off the superhighway of life. Your family, friends, and coworkers will certainly appreciate it.

No comments: