Monday, September 18, 2017

My Encore Career?

“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/mat.28.18-20.niv

I really have to apologize to my pastor. My mind was drifting today in the morning worship. No it's not that I was hungry and thinking of lunch. No, I wasn't contemplating my football teams game or the work week ahead of me. It's not that the sermon wasn't enlightening, it really was. As a matter of fact, it is the reason I was drifting into deep thought. I have heard these verses, "The Great Commission" hundreds, maybe thousands of times before. But today, the spirit of the Lord, placed a deep thought to take action on those verses, like never before.

For the past several months, since the end of May, I have really been contemplating retirement. Yes, I'm still at least three years away, but the Lord has been pushing me mentally in preparation of that day. Up until May, I really hadn't thought too much about retiring. I joked about it but I never really thought about it. I love working each day with my students. They are not the issue. But, for the past 4 months the Lord has been speaking to me to start looking at my ENCORE career, that career after retirement. The sermon today pushed me even further in that process.

I am starting to pursue the possibility of earning a masters in ministry. It's really early, but I have heard the call more than once in my life. Now it is undeniable and I need to seriously pursue this possibility. Only the Lord knows where this might end. Praise God for his mysterious, marvelous plan for my life.

No comments: