Thursday, September 21, 2017

Avoiding the Enemy

“So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:22-25‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/heb.10.22-25.msg


Sometimes I don't feel very presentable either inside or out. There are also times I just want to avoid people. I don't think I'm the only one who has these feelings. One thing I know for sure, I can't bring people to know Jesus if I crawl into a corner and hide.

God is coming soon, I feel it. I haven't selected September 23rd like some, but the time, the Big Day, is drawing near. If I truly want to bring others to join me in paradise, I need to stop avoiding my enemies. A life of solitude isn't going to change things. It sounds so simple. For me, it is my constant battle. I admit,  I hold a grudge. It's not the get even and wish bad things would happen kind of grudge. It's avoid them like the plague kind of grudge. I just don't want to spend time with people that have persecuted me, or attacked my character, or misunderstood my motives and actions. It's a lot easier to crawl into a hole and hide. I need the power and strength of the Lord to overcome those feelings. Time is short. All Christians need to get out there and spread the good news. We need to overcome our feelings about the enemy and share our love.

Dear Lord, help us. We know you have called us to share the Love of Jesus. But life isn't easy. There are just some people it's difficult to love. I need your help to continue to take the gospel message to everyone. I need your spirit to fill me with hope. I need your words and actions to be my words and actions. Lord help us now and until your coming! We love you! Amen!

No comments: