Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I'm not going back!

“To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/isa.61.3.nlt

I have been in mourning over the past 3 months. No it's not the death of a loved one, it's not the typical loss.  But, I have been in mourning over a situation. Slowly I am healing. I have not gained back what I lost but I have been able to move forward. I'm not going back. I don't want to obsess over things not of God. My thoughts, my outlook has changed. I am now focused on the future and the mighty plans God has for Stephanie and I. I know it sounds weird to some, but I believe it has all been part of Gods plan. Yes, I needed to go through this loss, this pain, so I would look at the future through a different lens. We are three years away from retirement and plans need to be put in place to transition to our "Encore Careers".

God is preparing us for a new life and our minds will take time to make that shift. God knows it and he knows we probably wouldn't even think about it unless prompted. I just love how God uses our normal, regular, daily happenings to guide our thoughts and actions. I love how he uses people, even our enemies to fulfill his plan for me. People wish me ill, want my destruction, get thrill out of my failures, but God uses all of that for his glory. He is such a force in my life. I just don't understand how people survive without the power of Jesus and the filling of the Holy Spirit. The clarity of purpose, the plan, can only be explained by Jesus. 

If you are unsure about life. If things don't make sense. If you don't have purpose or clear direction in your life. Turn to Jesus. His wisdom is perfect and when you ask him in to your life, he will fill you with that exact wisdom. I know this from my very own, personal life experiences. This is not just some made up 2000 year old religion. I know because my life can not be explained any other way. Don't look back. Look straight ahead, see your future and the amazing adventure God has in store for you!

No comments: