Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We can't lose hope!

“We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.”
Psalm 33:20-22 NIV (http://bible.com/111/psa.33.20-22.niv)

I've said it. I think we've all said it and have felt the hopelessness of this world. "This world is messed up and things are getting worse." Those thoughts of desperation happen for only brief moments after watching the news or reading the newspaper. That's why it's so important for me to start my day and end it with the word of the Lord. I need the hope and the joy that is in the word. 

When I read the word of God, I realize the world has survived for centuries of chaos and craziness. We are not the first civilization to deal with eroding morality, or a disconnect between the people and the leaders. We are not the first ones to deal with threats from invading armies or dealt with terrorists bent on destroying us. The bible and history itself witness to the turmoil that has plagued us from the beginning. We have overcome it all with the power of the God of the Universe.

Do not despair, our hope is completed in Jesus! I can go from complete despair to utter joy just by exploring the words of my Lord. How can you not feel the love when you read The Psalms. How can you not know of the hope of eternity when you read of Jesus overcoming death on the cross? Praise God he is with us. He loves us. We love you and praise this life, even with the turmoil, that you have given us. 




No comments: