Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Lord is Great!

But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, “The LORD is great!” As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay. (Psalms 40:16-17 NLT)


The Lord is great! 

I couldn't shout this loud enough or often enough. I don't know why, but the Lord continues to bless me most abundantly. My lovely wife and I just returned from a 19 day vacation. It was glorious. It started out with 13 days out west with 4 of our grandkids and ended with a short trip east for Stephanie and I. We were blessed with safety, relaxation, adventure, and an absolutely wonderful time. God is great! He is so wonderful even when we don't deserve it. 

It may sound a lot like bragging. I'm not. I just need everyone to know that all the great things of my life are from above. We all have great things we can "brag" about. We have a choice to either take credit for ourselves or give credit to the one who deserves it. I have never done anything in my life that can not be directly attributed to the God of this universe. Once I realized it, I just couldn't  keep from sharing it with the world.

The Lord is truly great and I need to shout it from the mountain tops!

No comments: