Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A senseless horse or mule?

“The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.””
Psalms 32:8-9 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.32.8-9.nlt

The older I get the more I can see the truth of this scripture. The Lord has guided me along the best pathway for my life. He has watched over me. He has advised me and my life is wonderful. But I have to admit I have acted much like a senseless horse or a mule through parts of my life. 

I am constantly amazed at the love and patience of my wonderful Lord. How he can stay with me while I ignore his advice, try to make my own path, and fight his direction, is beyond my understanding. Even through my own resistance he has given me a wonderful life and I can't imagine there could have been a better pathway. I always come back to the knowledge that God, the Creator of the universe, knows best. Like most people, I have to constantly remind myself that HE is in charge and he knows what is best for me. Why I keep fighting him is a mystery. 

Dear Lord, I love you and am completely humbled by your amazing love. I cherish your guidance. I am thrilled with the path you have set before me. Please, Lord, forgive me for my stubbornness. Forgive me that I have fought your perfect plan and tried to substitute my own. I ask you to continue to provide me with your wisdom and guidance. My life would be a disaster without it. I praise you and honor you with all that I am. Amen!

No comments: