Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Prayer for 2012


2 Thessalonians 2


 13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits[b] to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

2011 is winding down. Another year in the books. I always get nostalgic and sentimental this time of year. I get to take a little break from the busy activities at school and look at how God has blessed me. My greatest blessing is my wife and family. I should always thank God for them. I love my girls. Now that they're all grown, I don't get to see them as much as I want. But, we are able to stay in touch and I love hearing how God is working in their lives. They all are faithful believers and every time I turn around I can see God, clearly, at work in their lives.

So, as we come to the last few days of December 2011 and head into a New Year, hear is my prayer for them in 2012:

Dear Lord, Thank you so much for the blessings you have provided me. Thank You for Stephanie and all the love and care she gives me every day. Thank you for the blessings of 3 beautiful daughters. I ask that in 2012 they draw closer to you every single day. I ask you to provide them with your guiding spirit. Lead them away from evil and protect them from the dangers surrounding all of us. Give them wisdom in dealing with their families, co-workers, and the people they meet every day. May the focus all their energy on your purposes and your mission. May they be a witness for you to everyone they see. Keep them healthy and safe in everything they do. Be with my 2 son-in-laws. I pray they also draw closer to you. I pray they also focus on your will and they provide strong Christ-centered leadership for their families. Grant them the wisdom of Solomon and the patience of Job. I love them and beg your blessings for them. May you also be deeply involved in the lives of my grandchildren. Help them be good leaders in their schools. Help them to make good decisions and to continue to work hard as they grow in knowledge and wisdom. Fill them with the desire to know you more. Provide them with friends who also love you and know you. Keep them healthy and safe in 2012. Thank You Lord for providing all of us with your grace. We have no right to your love, but you give it anyway. Thank you for the gift of life and the future you have set before us. Praise God you are in control. Amen!

No comments: