Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be on the Frontline for Christ!


2 Corinthians 4

 1 Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.


We are just hours away from ending 2011 and the hope of 2012. God has greatly blessed me with a ministry through CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association). For the second year, I have been voted as Chaplain of our local chapter (Sonrise Riders). I'm not really worthy of this position, but God has placed me here for a reason. So I count it a blessing to serve this ministry. I have the great opportunity of mixing my passion for motorcycles, people, and God. How many people get to do what they love and use it for God? 


What ministry are you in? I have mentioned before that I'm not fond of New Years Resolutions. They are very rarely followed after the first week or month of the new year. But, maybe now is the time for you to step up your commitment to ministry. Do you have a ministry? I mean a serious ministry. Have you made a commitment to a group of people whose focus is solely to bring people who don't know Jesus to his saving grace? I know the first thing you'll say is yes, your church. I'm not discounting what your Church does. I love my Church and it is a key to my growth as a follower of Christ. But, how do you reach those people who will never even have a desire to step into a church for worship. Are you a Frontline Christian? I think we should all be frontline Christians. The Battle is out in the world. The Battle is with the homeless, the criminals, the drug users, the poor, youth, the single families, the bars, the fatherless, the lonely, and more. Where is your passion? What is it that you get really excited about? What ministry would you love to start or take part in?


Take this next week and pray every morning and every night for God to make it clear where you should serve. Earnestly search for a ministry. Commit to serving others and bringing them to know the saving grace God has brought to you. Being a part of a ministry is a very selfish act for me. I get so much more out of it than I put into it. The blessings are amazing. PLEASE COMMIT TO MINISTRY! Not in 2012 but right NOW!

No comments: