Sunday, December 18, 2011

Equal to the task!


2 Corinthians 2

........ And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

Sharing the message of Christ is so difficult in this world. What are your motives? I don't think I have ever thought of winning someone over to Christ for profit. But, if you think about it, you can see why they might think you are. Are you more interested in preaching the gospel to the lost, or finding members for your church? Are we just trying to increase the $$ in the collection plate or are we really looking to have people know the love of Christ.

I love my church and all that it stands for. We have a great senior pastor and support staff. Still, I need to be careful how I promote my church to the lost. Is my church filled with perfect people? I know that answer is no. Do I portray them that way? I have to be careful about describing the people, the facility, or the many programs we attend. We need to be clear about our message. That message is not about us, our church, it is about the Lord of Heaven and Earth.

All of us are equal to the task of leading the lost to Jesus. We are made specifically for this purpose. God provides us everything we need to lead people to him. His planning is perfect and he dwells within us. Check your motives. Check your heart. If you don't like what you see, change it with the power of the creator. If you like what you see, you should already be out there working for the Lord.

In all things I will serve him!

No comments: