Saturday, December 3, 2011

I am what I am!


1 Corinthians 15

 9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

Can you relate to what Paul is saying? There have been many times in my life that I feel so inadequate for the task God has placed before me. I, too, look at myself of being unworthy. I can look back at opportunities missed or ignored. I can look back on selfishness that overruled the plans God has for me. But by the Grace of God, I am what I am. God's grace is so wonderful it has affected me in amazing ways. It is grace that enables me to get past my poor choices, my weaknesses and my sins. Just like Paul, it is grace that gives me the motivation to work even harder for the Lord. When I dwell on my inadequacies the Devil is pleased. But God's grace enables me to overcome and work harder for the kingdom of God. The Devil can't stand that!

That is the message we have to share with the lost this Christmas. God sent his son to Earth to make the greatest sacrifice he could. He wanted to demonstrate to us what his Grace was all about. Jesus didn't deserve to die the death of a criminal. We do! Yet, he took our crimes upon himself. None of us are good enough, yet we are all recipients of that same grace.

Thank You Lord. I want to serve you more today than ever!

No comments: