Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Best Stress Ball!


1 Thessalonians 3

 7 Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. 9 How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? 10 Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.


Have you ever seen those stress balls? I have several in my office. Every Athletic Director event I go to, they hand them out.  I know why. Most people don't. I'm not sure how well stress balls work. I have used them and can't really tell the difference. One of the best ways to handle distress and persecution is taking courage from those who have gone through it. I have seen so many people go through the stress of job loss, illness, loss of loved ones, and problems at work. Yet, they still stand firm in their faith. Most of the time these "faithful followers" see a deepening of their faith. I am so encouraged to know that I will survive as long as I lean on the Lord. 


Thank You Lord for my brothers and sisters in faith. Thank you for our trials and the strength you give us. Thank you that we can be an encouragement to others by those trials. Thank You for helping us through trials and distress. Praise God for your strength and power. Amen!







No comments: