Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What a wonderful school year it's been! What a wonderful life I have!

I shall remember the deeds of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. (Psalms 77:11 NASB)

I love looking back on my year and my life. We are on our last 3days of school. Time has flown. It just seems like yesterday that I entered the classroom again. I have thoroughly loved my classes and students this year. I really had forgotten how much fun it is hangin out with teenagers. I don't care what others think, if you can't have fun doing what your doing, do something else. I have colleagues in my profession that still believe you shouldn't smile until after Christmas! Come on people, lighten up. If I can teach one thing to kids, beyond a faith in Jesus Christ, it is to enjoy life. My students have been the best. They worked hard when they needed to and accomplished a lot. They inspired me every day to do my best and to make sure they learned something. Sometimes they even learned a little math.

My maturity as a man of faith has taught me to enjoy life more and more. it has taught me, There is nothing on this Earth as great as what it appears and nothing as bad as it seems. I know this from my own experiences. When I thought my world would end during one of my many life crisis, it didn't. When I thought absolutely nothing could go wrong, it usually did. Regardless, life rolls on and we need to accept the good and the bad as blessings from God.

I have also noticed my faith also has changed with "maturity". My highs aren't as high and my lows aren't as low as they used to be. My faith is growing, my knowledge of God is growing and the end of life's journey is certain. I know where I'm going and what awaits me there. I am joyful for that knowledge, but don't dwell on it. I am looking forward to it, but realize God keeps me here for his purposes. I will work for him as long as I am able.

Thank you Lord for a great school year and a great life. I don't deserve all the wonderful students I've had and didn't do anything to earn the blessings. That's why I praise you. I know it is because of your love for me, unconditional, grace filled love. Thank You!

No comments: