Saturday, June 1, 2013

Excitement, fear & worry

Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. (Joshua 1:6 NASB)

Joshua took the place of Moses. I am sure he was excited and nervous about his new assignment. At school we are starting a new program next year. I am just as excited as I am nervous. It's really a step into the unknown. Although I have confidence in our team of teachers and our great students, I am nervous about the unknown. I am excited about my upcoming vacation motorcycle trip, while nervous at the same time. Stephanie and I have had some amazing adventures. Blown tires, broken motorcycles , and long flights back from a shortened trip. But, we have survived them all. I can fight it, or  trust God!

It boils down to this: Do I trust God or not? Hasn't he always watched over me? Hasn't he always blessed me beyond wild belief? Absolutely! So what do I have to fear. The unknown drives us crazy, it's a test to see if we will really let go and let God. God is in control. God guides my life, I can't wait to see what happens! I will let him be God.

No comments: