Sunday, June 9, 2013

The fire!

He said, "Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!" (Daniel 3:25 NASB)


Long before Jesus came to Earth in human flesh, he was at work. Jesus was with Shafrack, Meshack, and Abednego in their time of greatest need. They would surely die without his hand. Jesus is with us when we need him the most. 

I can certainly witness to this. I'm not anyone special. I have never been persecuted like these three men. As a matter of fact, I'm embarrassed how blessed I am. How "easy" and unchallenged my life has been! I have had my share of life challenges, but nothing like these three famous men. But, God is still with me. God does not wait for the worst. He doesn't wait for the unbearable fiery furnace. He is with us before we really know we need him. I am thankful that Jesus was sent to die for me, even before I knew who he was. 

We are all in the same boat. God has a plan for us and Jesus is there for the whole thing to unfold. Praise God!

No comments: