Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bold Steps for God!

Then Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." (Joshua 3:5 NASB)

I just read a great definition for consecrate: "setting a part for divine purposes." So, if we consecrate ourselves we should be setting ourselves apart for Gods purposes. God honors those who devote themselves for his purpose. When we consecrate ourselves, we better step back and be amazed by the wonders God does amongst us. 

I'm not saying I'm perfectly consecrated, but I can tell you with MANY examples how God has done wonders in my midst because I am devoted to him. We just need to take that first step of faith and let God work. My CMA chapter is an example. Our officer team has been working hard to build Gods  kingdom by recruiting workers for the harvest. We are seeing marvelous early results.  It's all him! And I really didn't think it would happen so quickly. It just makes me even more fired up to work or The Lord. 

Last year and my step out in faith to go back to the classroom. I took a chance and God has blessed me abundantly. How we made the switch with no financial hardship is amazing to me. One of the reasons for going back to the classroom was so I could devote more time to God, my family, and my CMA ministry. He honors that commitment in getting through this past year. 

Please trust me, my life is an example of how a little faith, how a "little consecration" is taken by God and multiplied 100 fold. It's not by my power but by his alone! Please take a chance and devote yourself completely to him. Take that step and enjoy! What bold step is God asking you to take?

No comments: