Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I will not be defeated!

But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king's choice food or with the wine which he drank; so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that he might not defile himself. (Daniel 1:8 NASB)

When I make up my mind to do something it usually takes a team of wild horses to keep me from doing it. 

I'm putting a trailer hitch on my new motorcycle. The company that made the hitch needs to go back to school for English. The directions are written in some foreign language. It looks like English but none of it makes since. Yet, I am not easily defeated. After 5hours, I'm not done, but I have figured it out. I have a few thing to purchase but I should be done early tomorrow night. I will NOT be defeated. 

I wish I was better at fighting sin in my life. I need to be more like Daniel. I need to be bold and strong. He stood strong even unto sure death because he would not defile himself against God. 

Take a stand. Draw a line in the sand. I will not be defeated. By studying his word, praying, and worship, I am becoming better every day. Praise God!

No comments: