Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pray!

But I do more than thank. I ask-ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory-to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for Christians, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him-endless energy, boundless strength! All this energy issues from Christ: God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. (Ephesians 1:17-21 MSG)

My prayer! My prayer life is not what it should be. It is so up and down. (I'm ashamed to say it.) As with most Christians we pray a whole lot more when we are in the midst of a crisis. I'm no different. So, right now things are going great with me. How much time do you think I'm spending in prayer? Not much. Being the CMA chaplain, I get quite a few prayer requests. When I get them I enter them in my prayer journal, I plan on getting to them everyday. Sometimes I'm not a good planner. I can't tell you the number of blessings I have missed out on because of my inconsistency with prayer. Just because I'm not in crisis, doesn't mean no one is in crisis. That's why it's so important for me to pray. pray it tonight for your spouse, your kids, your grand kids, your coworkers, your friends, and your enemies. Start tonight, don't end there. Make it a habit! Pray that I will follow through with this important task. How can I be a follower with having a regular daily conversation with my God?

So, what am I going to do! The answer seems clear, I better get on my knees tonight and follow through with ,y commitment to pray. I know of so many people who are struggling. But, even if I can't think of anyone, I know I can pray these verses. There is not a single person on this planet who couldn't use this prayer.

No comments: