Tuesday, February 21, 2012

God is for us!

(James 1:16-18 NIV)
Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.


God is for us. He loves us and wants us to have a joyous life. It has always been that way and will always be. He wants to be near us and wants us to seek him for everything. So why do so many people act as though God is the enemy and he is against us? I think I can answer that.
Sin!
God's gifts are perfect. He does not change like a shadow from the travel of the sun. It is us who changes. He wants us to receive his gifts, but so many reject them. I have noticed that most of the pain I go through in life is of my own doing. It is easy to blame God. Why doesn't he deliver me from the pain? But, the pain is usually my own. It is usually from me choosing not to accept his gift and his comfort. Even through the toughest times, he wants to share his gifts and provide us comfort. He usually gets our rejection.

God does not change. We do! Ye, he constantly gives us the opportunity to come back to him. He gives us chance upon chance to seek his will. He does not give up on us. He loves us. He always will. 

No comments: