Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm going to need help!


Philemon 1

 8 Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, 9 yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love.


I have prayed for boldness. I have asked God to provide me with a boldness when I am with non-Christians. I have always visioned "sharing Christ" as a bold act of Faith. I think I'm asking for the wrong kind of help!


I think it's easier to be bold, sometimes, than to be more loving. But, we/I need to take these verses to heart. It's easy for Christians to be bold. We know what we have. We know how powerful Christ has been in our own lives and we just want to "strangle" those who don't understand. 


Love should be our choice method of sharing Christ, not boldness. We should have known this. Do you remember this......"For God so Loved........" Christ death on the cross started with the love of the creator of our universe. God himself could have used boldness to force us to follow him, instead he chose Love. Why do I think I need to do it with boldness and power? 


So what do I do now? 


The answer is simple: If I want to bring others to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I need to share that Love first. Share the Love? I'm definitely going to need help to do that!


Dear Lord, Forgive me for not sharing your love. I am weak and not as loving as I should be. Fill me with your love so that I may share THAT with others. Your love is perfect. You are awesome and I praise you for sharing that Love with me even when I don't deserve it. May I do the same with others. Amen!

No comments: