Friday, February 3, 2012

Faith alone! Christ alone!


Galatians 3

 23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.


Faith is everything. Faith is everything,everything, everything!

When I accepted Christ, it was by faith. I was a new teenager at Camp Adventure United c
Methodist church camp. I knew nothing of Christ apart from faith. It was only after my acceptance by faith, that works started to take over my faith. I'm not sure how that happened. I started to feel I had to do things in order to earn my place in eternity. Now that I've gotten older, I understand more clearly. In all my efforts to be "good enough" or "successful enough", I am finally seeing faith emerge as the only thing.

It is my faith in Jesus Christ,nothing else, that saves me. I can't and don't even need to try to work for my salvation. It is a gift received through faith alone. Praise God!

No comments: