Thursday, February 16, 2012

They are MY failure!

Galatians 6
 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.


If you do a google search for "what does it mean to mock God?" , you will eventually run across an article outlining how many nonchristians have mocked God and come to horrible deaths. They mention John Lennon, MARILYN Monroe, and many others. As a Chrisitan I certinly believe in the power of God and that sin will eventually lead to a horrible death that never ends. The death these nonbelievers face on earth is nothing like the eternal death they will face. But, what is so sad about this is the comments made by many people after the article. Here are a few excerpts:

Demon Doll
So what you're saying is that God should be feared and everybody should tremble before him, because if you don't, he will strike out against you in revenge?Sorry, I refuse to believe in or worship an entity so cruel.

The Doctor
...........Being Jesus has been dead for close to 2000 years, I'm not too worried about it. I still don't believe Jesus "rose from the dead."

So we have a God that strikes us down if we doubt him. What a great guy.

liuxuand...
I'm sorry, but if there truly is a god, he should be fired from his job. Clearly, he's not doing it well.

Snark
That is the most hateful piece of tripe I have read, and I have read it before. Suggesting that God killed scores of children on the Titanic just to prove a point to some guy that was making a prideful statement? It is circumstantial, it is manipulative, and if you believe this kind of thing, I think you belong in Topeka Kansas.Oh...And Mock, mockety mock mock mock. Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

d_chino_...
So you are saying that god is an insecure vengfull being who kills those who don't worship him?

Antique Silver Buttons
OK, let me get this straight. Your God--the one you claim is full of love, compassion, kindness, and forgiveness--keeps a score card of every insult that everyone has ever directed his way. Since many, many people do not believe in your God, or don't believe in any god at all, he has many such score cards. But every once in awhile he totally goes on a killing rampage to wreak vengeance upon some of the people who dared to doubt his very existence (gasp!!). The reason he does this is to make examples of these evil, sinful heretics so that other people will see the error of their ways and turn to him before he has a chance to off them, as well. Am I correct?

See, I wanna know if I got this whole thing right or not, because maybe I'm missing something. I mean, if your deity is just a mean, petulant, whiny, grudge-bearing crybaby who can't deal with expressions of doubt, contempt, or mockery from a few mortal humans, then I certainly DON'T want to worship him. He just doesn't sound all that nice, to me. He sounds like the kind of person that I would avoid at all costs while making fun of him behind his back--because really, isn't it just silly to be so angry at someone that you would KILL HIM just for mocking you? People do that on our nation's highways and we call it "road rage" and put them in jail! I think your God belongs in jail, too, if he has such a problem controlling

Stardust
I'm an atheist that has mocked God plenty of times, and I'm perfectally well and healthy. Actually, I haven't even had an illness worse than a common cold. And nothing unfortunate has happened to me. Go figure. :)

I am so deeply saddened by these comments. I am saddened by the hatefulness and the certain death these people will face. I'm not saying God is going to strike them down with lightning, or they are going to face some tragedy for their boldness against God, but they will not be with me in eternity without a change in their life. If that happens, I will have failed. We all know people like these. We need to be on our knees for them. We need to be on our knees for the opportunity to show the real power of our amazing God. Time is short. Pray for them! Love them! Serve them! Know them! Be there when they need you!

No comments: