Thursday, March 1, 2012

Christ is BUILDING my life one brick at a time!


 Ephesians 2 
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

My school is in the middle of a building project. In December 2010, our Community got behind the school corporation plan to build a new school. This past Spring we broke ground and now we are less than 4 months away from completing the first phase. We should be able to move in to the building before classes in the fall. Last week, i got to take a tour. It's so exciting. 

It has been great watching the building grow from the ground up. This past summer, it seems the contractors wasted so much time preparing the ground for the building. For the longest time, it looked like no REAL progress was being made. Now the building is really taking shape. The builders have laid a good foundation. The bricklayers have taken care to place each brick just perfectly. This building is awesome and I can't wait to put it to use.

Jesus Christ is our foundation. He is a whole lot more patient than I am as he builds my life from nothingness. I am so thankful for his patience with me. I am so thankful for his attention to detail. He is in no hurry, he meticulously builds my life one brick at a time. I am constantly amazed by the grace he shows me everyday. I am really excited for the work he's doing. Just like our new school, I can't wait to see the finished product.

No comments: