Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Intense Enthusiasm!


Galatians 4


 18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you. 


Do you know anyone who is one Zealous? The Definition of Zealous is: filled with or inspired by intense enthusiasm or zeal; ardent; fervent. Do you know anyone who is Zealous for Christ? To my sadness, I can't think of anyone. I know people who are zealous for their football teams, college basketball teams, television shows, hobbies, and past times. But, I can't bring anyone to mind that is intensely enthusiastic for Christ. In reality we should all be enthusiastic and intense about what Christ did for us. He DIED for us. He gave up being God to come down to Earth and save us from the evil within us. He has done miracle after miracle in my life. He has done those same miracles throughout history. Yet, We can get more enthused about IU Basketball than the Savior of the World. I don't have to look further than the mirror to know that's true. 


Dear Lord, Forgive me for not being more zealous for you and for what you have done in my life. Please forgive me for my weak faith. i love you. Help me to share my enthusiasm for life with others. Help me to share your enthusiasm for me and my life. Praise God you care even when I don't. Amen!


No comments: