Friday, January 5, 2018

Why are we here?

“For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ. And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/php.1.13-14.nlt

I’m sure many of you have read Purpose Driven Life or one of its authors many books. I loved the simple message that we all have a purpose. Even in prison Paul had purpose, he focused on spreading the gospel. It is so easy for me to get disillusioned without a clear purpose, goals for my life. I think this is a bigger problem than we want to admit or even recognize. I hear my students wonder if there is more to this life than the drudgery of our daily routines, going to work, school, or marching in-line with society. The WORLD tries to make this about “things”, it tries to make life about gaining power, competition, winning and climbing that perverbial ladder. To put it simply, life is about the Lord, it’s about bringing more people to know his saving grace, and it’s about serving those that need us most.

Unequivocally YES there is more than the routines of our daily lives. God is the answer to our eternal need for purpose. He is the answer. He gives us our purpose.

Why are we here??

Turn to God and see your purpose explode throughout your life.

No comments: