Friday, January 26, 2018

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

“The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭24:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/pro.24.16.nlt

Do you remember the commercial of the elderly woman who had fallen and needed help! The company touted an emergency call system to notify authorities of the need for help. I am not necessarily a clumsy person. But a few days ago I got up from breakfast and my foot was asleep, I stumbled and nearly hit the ground. So, I kind-of shook off my "sleepy" leg and tried it again; the exact same thing happened. I repeated this process several times until finally I could walk to the bedroom to finish getting ready for school. My wife was oblivious to my toil. I probably could have used one of those emergency calling devices! Even though no one saw me, if it could have been captured on video it would have been a hit on Youtube. 


My life is full of personal failures. I have made more mistakes than I can publicly recount. I really think God let's me fail just to see if I will get up again. He wants me to become a stronger person and knows the BEST way to strengthen my character and my faith is to let me fail. It takes effort, it takes strength, it takes determination to overcome our failures. Those traits are exactly what God is working for in a member of his ARMY. As I have grown older, I grow stronger. Calamity doesn't have a grip on me. Trials and barriers thrown up by my enemies just strengthen my resolve to serve the Lord. 

Thank You Lord for your love. Thank you for the joy of getting up to fight another day. I wouldn't change anything in my life except to serve you more. Lead me today in a path that brings glory to your kingdom. Amen!

No comments: