Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Fan the fire in me!

“I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:5-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2ti.1.5-7.nlt

God gives us gifts, all of us. Our lives should be spent using those gifts in service to the kingdom and to the lost. The more I connect with the Lord the more I am aware of those gifts. The more I pursue his kingdom the more I realize he has amazing plans for me and will direct my life to fulfill his plans. It’s funny. He doesn’t need me. He wants me.

We need to take our gifts and dedicate them to the Lord. If we are not on fire for the Lord, we are not doing the work God has directed us. God does not expect us to sit quietly on the sidelines of this world. We are not to sit idly by while sin runs rampant. We are not to cower from evil. We are to fan our spiritual gifts into a flame that will stand up to any challenge. We are to use the power of the Lord to spread our faith to our families, friends, and communities. 

Dear Lord, fan the flickering, fading flames of my faith into a roaring fire. Fill me with your fire, help me to see opportunities to share my faith and to act on those opportunities. I need the power and strength of your spirit. Forgive me Lord when I do not listen to your guidance. Forgive me when I let the world keep me from serving your kingdom. I truly love you. I praise you for your love! Amen!

No comments: