Wednesday, January 24, 2018

What am I going to do today

26But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.28For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Matthew 20: 26-28

How am I going to be a SERVANT-LEADER today?  

I have stepped back from a leadership role at school. I believe God has directed this through a challenging chain of events over the past year. I struggled with it early and I have to admit I still struggle with it. But, today I can say I have learned a lot. 

Just because you don't have a title or a defined role of LEADER, we are all called to leadership. Jesus gave us that definition. He led a life of TRUE LEADERSHIP and he did it unconventionally, he served. So, I have been a background leader over the past year. All I want to do is help people. I want to serve my wife and family. I want to serve my students. I want to serve my back-patch wearing biker friends and I want to serve my community. 

So, what type of leader are you going to be?  How are you going to serve others today? We are called to serve FIRST?

Dear Lord, Help me grow a heart for real servant-leadership. Fill me with your spirit. Help me to recognize those that need me and then take action to serve them. You are an amazing God. You have served those that just don't deserve it, me included. I praise you for your patience with me. I praise you for this wonderful path you have set before me. I love you Lord. AMEN!

No comments: