Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Tough job!

“Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.”
‭James‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jas.3.1.nlt


I’m a teacher. It is not an easy life. The pressures of preparing young people for life can grind on you. It’s not the kids that bother me, ever. It’s the political “crap”, it’s the endless hoops I have to jump through, and yes, sometimes my colleagues make my job so difficult. But I keep fighting for my kids. Despite politics and interference from non teaching professionals, I fight to prepare my students for life. I don’t teach math, I teach students. 

I honor the profession of Teacher. I am humbled by the young people that still decide to join this lifetime commitment even with the low “wordly” rewards. Sometimes it’s hard to continue with only the eternal rewards of any real value, then I show up at school and start interacting with my kids. It’s that reward that makes it worth it and it’s knowing the importance that keeps me going. We need teachers. We need people dedicated, in love, to developing our future. 

Dear Lord, thank you for making me a teacher. I know how important it is. I can’t do this without your grace, mercy, and power. I praise you for your love and pledge to serve you through eternity. May your spirit fill me and those that teach. Help us to stay focused on what is real and to overcome the barriers placed before us. Amen!

No comments: